Joint-stock company (A.S.) registration
Joint Stock Company (Akciová spoločnosť) is one of the most common types of company in the Slovak Republic. This form of the company offers many advantages, in terms of limited liability (limited to the level of contribution) and regulated access to capital.
The AS is often the legal form of company chosen by large businesses but it can also be used, as the shares in this type of company can be bearer shares and are therefore more easily transferable.
A.S. registration conditions
Registration and management of a company in Slovak take place following the Law on Commercial Companies (the adopted consolidated edition is in force). When registering JS, you should prepare a lot of documents for submitting which is listed below:
- the identity of the signatories to the deed of incorporation;
- the form of the company;
the company name;
- the purpose of the company;
- the address of the company’s registered office;
- the amount of subscribed share capital and, where applicable, the amount of authorized share capital;
- the amount initially paid into the subscribed share capital;
- the share classes and their characteristics;
- whether the shares are registered, bearer or dematerialized shares, and any additional or derogation clause which may override the law;
- a description of each contribution in kind;
- the cause and content of special benefits granted upon the company’s formation;
- where applicable, the number of securities or shares that do not form part of the share capital, and the rights attached thereto;
- the rules that determine the number of and method of appointing the members of the bodies representing the company concerning third parties, administering, managing, overseeing, or auditing the company; and the rules that determine the distribution of authority among these bodies if it deviates from the law;
- the duration of the company.
Register Joint Stock Company (AS) jurisdiction with our professional assistance. Registration of a joint-stock company in the Slovak Republic is a simple and quick procedure. We will do our best to register your company as soon as possible.
The period of registration of the AS Company in the Slovak Republic engagement is approximately 4 weeks. It is consisting of Engagement planning company incorporation, corporate bank account approval, corporate internet banking approval, engagement completion.
Setting up an AS entails certain costs, including:
- submitting documents to a commercial court
- notary fees;
- the cost of publication in the Trade and Companies Register;
- statutory auditor fees, if a statutory auditor is required;
- a share capital contribution of at least 25000 EUR;
- any costs related to the issuance of administrative permits.
If you want to open a joint-stock company in Slovakia, you need to assemble a management team. It should include the following specialists:
- Directors- These are representatives of the executive committee.
- Supervisory Board – Supervises the activities of the organization.
- General Meeting – Directly managing the JSC.
To register a joint-stock company in Slovakia, you need to collect the following documents:
- Passports of the founder or co-founders;
- Bank statement with more than 25,000 euros;
- The general power of attorney;
- Constituent documents;
- The legal address of the organization (we can provide the address);
- Share certificates.
Consultation about company registration
Our specialists are the best on the market – they have vast experience in this field of activity. We also provide a consultation service for the opening of JS company in Slovakia. We will discuss the possible risks and benefits of opening a JSC. We will also make sure about taxes, fees, and opening a bank account. We are going to provide up-to-date information on any of your questions.
Other types of companies
If you feel like Joint Stock Company does not fit your needs, click the button below and you will see other legal forms like Limited Liability Company, Holding Company, Branch office and more.
Register Joint Stock Company
Ready for next step
Accelerate your business growth while we take care of everything else.