Holding company in Slovakia
A holding company is a type of firm that allows you to hold shares of other companies. Usually, the board of directors of holdings may have control over other companies.
One of the most significant factors in registering a holding in Slovakia is that a foreign citizen can be a shareholder. However, the country has a law on companies that must be followed by both local businessmen and foreign investors. Companies located in offshore jurisdictions can also be the shareholders of holding companies in Slovakia.
Besides, holding companies in Slovakia have a special tax regime – the dividends are not taxed. According to the Law on Income Tax in Slovakia, dividend payments are exempt from taxation if they are paid to a shareholder, member of the executive or supervisory body of a Slovak company. This also applies to holdings holding shares in their subsidiaries.
Setup a holding company
Our lawyers will be glad to assist in setting up a company in Slovakia. We will help you to collect all packages of documents, and open a holding company in Slovakia, as soon as possible.
Procedure and requirements
Main characteristics of holding companies in Slovakia:
- the holding plays the role of a parent company and may have one or more subsidiaries;
- the holding company must have a sufficient number of shares and capital that guarantees it the right to vote in subsidiaries;
- the holding has the right to control the policy and management decisions of the subsidiary, but cannot carry out its day-to-day activities;
- holding companies can own various types of assets, including real estate, shares, and even intellectual property rights.
Documents required for registration of a holding company in Slovakia
The creation of a holding company in Slovakia implies the preparation of a package of documents that must be submitted to the Commercial Register. Among them, we recall the following:
- information about the shareholder;
- the confirmation of the contribution of the authorized capital;
- the confirmation of the legal address in Slovakia;
- statutory documents of the holding.
The documents must be submitted to the Register of Companies in Slovakia depend on the structure of the holding company. It is important to note that the Slovak holding must register with the tax authorities of this country.
Other types of companies
If you feel like Holding company does not fit your needs, click the button below and you will see other legal forms like Limited Liability Company, Joint Stock Company, Branch office and more.
Holding company registration
READY FOR NEXT STEP
Accelerate your business growth while we take care of bookkeeping and banking.